Share the River by following these laws and courtesies:
- Nautical rules are comparable to the rules of the road - before launching you should understand the rules of the water
- Conduct your vessel in a safe and prudent manner
- Maintain a safe rate of speed and reduce your speed in areas of high non-motorized boating activity - reduce or eliminate your wake.
- Constantly maintain a proper lookout by all means available - look in the direction you are traveling and frequently check behind you.
- Be aware of all vessels around you
- If operating a powered, recreational vessel you MUST YIELD to less maneuverable vessels which have the right of way. Examples of the types of vessels you must yield to include, but may not be limited to: rowing shells, kayaks, canoes, sailboats, and commercial vessels like tugs and barges
- Do not drink and boat.
- NEW YORK STATE NAVIGATION LAWS